Telephone:+1 202 508 6000
1155 F Street NW
Washington, DC, 20004-1357
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner focuses all of its energy and efforts on providing the best possible legal representation to further our clients’ interests. It is built on a unique “one firm” structure and philosophy, whereby our lawyers collaborate to bring the best skills and talent in the firm to support our clients in corporate transactions, in the courtroom and in helping to solve the complex business challenges facing their organizations across industries and geographic boundaries.
Throughout our long history, we have built substantial and enduring relationships with our clients. We take the time to understand our clients’ businesses, work as partners to help them address challenges and capitalize on opportunities, and deliver legal advice that provides the greatest benefit to them.
Whether we are working on a multibillion dollar deal, a multimillion dollar dispute or a pro bono matter, at the heart of everything we do is a set of core values that defines who we are and pushes us to become a better version of ourselves.
By putting our core values into action daily we have developed a culture that we know set us apart from other law firms. We differentiate ourselves in four ways:
- Enduring Relationships – As a premiere law firm, we routinely handle bet-the-company litigation and complex mergers, but we embrace all work where our knowledge and service can help advance our clients’ success. We build our client relationships with the goal of quickly gaining a comprehensive understanding of their needs. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ industries and issues, and we identify and implement solutions that are cost effective for those we represent.
- Experience and Execution – Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner lawyers are consistently recognized as leaders in their fields. Our attorneys are published authors, frequent speakers, bar association presidents, and members of prestigious associations, such as the American College of Trial Lawyers. They are thought leaders within the profession. When we combine our knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of our clients, their industries and needs, our execution is unsurpassed. We believe that providing high quality work product in a very responsive way is only the first step. Our goal is to work with our clients to implement real world solutions in many areas and geographies over a long period of time. To ensure we are doing that, we measure our performance in a variety of ways, applying an analytic rigor to everything we do and consistently scrutinizing the data we collect to develop process improvements.
- Innovation – Our firm has been repeatedly recognized for our innovation in legal services and technologies. We have created three teams comprised of more than 40 lawyers, business analysts, actuaries, web developers and other professionals dedicated to creating better ways to serve our clients. Together these three teams comprise the profession’s best platform for client-focused innovation.
• Our Practice Economics Group develops cutting-edge tools and data driven techniques to help our firm price and manage projects accurately and efficiently, making us leaders in delivering to our clients results that are on schedule and within budget.
• Our Accelerated Review Team provides alternative staffing models to streamline workflow and provide support for process-intensive legal engagements.
• Our Client Technology Group researches and develops new technologies to deliver innovative, improved and more cost-effective services to clients.
- Collaboration – Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a firm with a shared practice, not just a shared name. Our lawyers know each other well and are incentivized to match the lawyer with the best skills and experience in the firm with the client in need of those skills and experience. Our firm has chosen not to make our offices individual profit centers, and has put in place compensation structures that encourage teamwork. We have eliminated boundaries between our offices and developed client teams that work seamlessly to deliver the very best service on a global scale.