Telephone:+1 212 450 4000
450 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY, 10017
For more than 165 years, Davis Polk has ranked among the premier law firms with practices that are world class across the board.
Today, with 10 offices strategically located in key business centers and political capitals around the globe, Davis Polk remains one of the small handful of firms that leading companies and financial institutions around the world turn to for counsel on their most significant business and legal matters.
Our professionals collaborate seamlessly across practice groups and geographies to provide our clients with exceptional service, sophisticated advice and creative and practical solutions that reflect a deep understanding of the full legal landscape, market practice and our clients’ businesses and objectives.
Our extensive cross-border experience coupled with the diversity of our professionals and our top-flight local law capabilities allow us to bridge business, cultural, language, legal and regulatory differences across jurisdictions.
The Davis Polk FinTech practice group combines our market-leading financial regulatory, technology and transactional practices, which enables us to provide a comprehensive service offering to clients operating in or investing in the FinTech space.
The FinTech practice draws upon Davis Polk’s deep experience in capital markets, data security and privacy, corporate transactions, financial regulations, intellectual property and technology to help clients invest in, fund, develop and market the innovative services and products that are revolutionizing the financial services and technology industries.
Davis Polk’s exceptional legal team includes highly experienced deal lawyers, subject matter consultants and former top regulators and senior financial institution in-house counsels who possess extensive technical sophistication and a deep understanding of the FinTech industry.
Our FinTech practice provides strategic, transactional and regulatory advice to a wide array of both established and emerging participants in the FinTech space, including:
- Banking organizations
- Marketplace lending platforms
- Payments companies and systems
- Virtual currency and blockchain companies and products
- Card issuers and networks
- Exchanges and alternative trading systems
- Information and deal portals
- Data analytics firms
- Financial market utilities and service providers
In addition, we routinely represent investment banks, private equity and venture capital firms and other financial investors who are active in this space.
Davis Polk’s capabilities and experience include:
- Counseling start-up and mature FinTech companies and financial institutions on regulatory, licensing, corporate structure and compliance issues, including with respect to:
- Bank chartering, neobanks and federal preemption issues
- Bitcoin and blockchain issues
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance
- Advising companies, underwriters, lenders and investors on the full lifecycle of financings and exit strategies, including:
- Seed, venture capital and private equity investments
- Private round, IPO and follow-on offerings
- Acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Advising clients on key collaboration, commercial and other strategic agreements, including with respect to the acquisition, development and exploitation of IP and technology.